Media Temple will install a certificate that you provide to us or help you obtain one from AWS. If you don't already own a certificate, you will need a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to purchase one. We can generate the CSR for you with information you provide. It's important the information you provide is accurate - you will usually not be able to make changes after you purchase your certificate.
To create a CSR for you, we will need you to send us the following information:
1. Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name, or URL, you're securing. If you are requesting a Wildcard certificate, add an asterisk (*) to the left of the common name where you want the wildcard, for example *.coolexample.com.
2. Organization: The legally-registered name for your business. If you are enrolling as an individual, enter the certificate requestor's name.
3. Organization Unit: If applicable, enter the DBA (doing business as) name.
4. City or Locality: Name of the city where your organization is registered/located. Do not abbreviate.
5. State or Province: Name of the state or province where your organization is located. Do not abbreviate.
6. Country: The two-letter International Organization for Standardization (ISO) format country code for where your organization is legally registered.
After you provide us that information, we will create the CSR and send it to you. You can then take the CSR to an SSL vendor who will use that information to generate your certificate. There are many types of certificates. If you're unsure about what kind you need, please discuss it with us.
After you've purchased your certificate, the SSL vendor will provide you with files that contain it. Please send the certificate files to us in a ticket (the one where you requested the CSR is ideal) and we will be happy to install it for you.
Article is closed for comments.